Asset management is the process of understanding what physical assets a business owns, where those assets are located, and what condition they are in.
Assets include big-ticket items like HVAC and industrial equipment, computers and network hardware, as well as lower-cost items like desks and chairs – and everything in between. In a building of any size, the list of assets is long, and tracking their whereabouts and life cycle can be complex and time-consuming.
BBD’s digital tools will streamline your physical asset management, freeing up time, saving money, and minimizing complexity, while providing irrefutable evidence of asset performance and lifecycle.
Asset Management: Use Cases
- Lifecycle Planning: Track the lifecycle of a piece of equipment, and proactively present solid evidence of the need for replacement.
- Building Documentation: Understand the condition of a building’s physical assets when planning for renovation or remodel.
- Building System Integration: Connect the various networks, devices and tools throughout a building into a central building management system.
- Centralized Reporting: Streamline asset management through digital documentation of all physical assets in the model. This also helps build a case for replacement or repair.
- Conditional Monitoring: Beacons placed on critical equipment collect data in real time, allowing building managers to identify potential failures and replace or repair accordingly – before equipment fails.
- Compliance Risk Management: Track and monitor the systems and tools that help protect against disaster, such as fire safety.
- RFID/NFC Tag Tracking: Use a computerized platform to track all interactions – such as work order generation, vendor time on site, or repairs – with a specific piece of equipment.
- Digital documentation provides irrefutable evidence of asset lifecycle
- Integrating all devices and networks into one system minimizes complexity and save time
- Replacing assets before they fail avoids data loss, physical destruction and extra labor costs
- Make compliance easier with robust monitoring of disaster prevention equipment
- Improve time and vendor management with tag tracking