Facility managers, plant operators, property managers, and building owners are asked to be more efficient and productive, commonly with less staff and outdated or unreliable information. BBD will help you bridge the information and labor gap to bring your data to life.
A detailed “virtual twin” of a facility aids in employee onboarding, mechanical inspections, asset location, work flow improvement, digitized records and life cycle asset management. Accurate 360° images and smart tags assist with day-to-day tasks and condition awareness. By incorporating visual models as part of your reporting, executives can better understand the life cycle of assets.
3D Laser Scanning
3D scanning presents a 360° visual image and point cloud of a space, documenting the existing conditions of any site with precision and accuracy. This type of visual provides a data-rich means of collaboration with a wide variety of uses in asset management, facility management, sales and marketing, risk management and more.
BBD’s 3D scanning is a valuable tool in architecture engineering and construction industries, helping contractors and builders visually document new buildings and remodeling projects. Capturing reliable images from day one helps eliminate mistakes and delays.
At BBD, we can help you build, document and communicate projects in a more meaningful and effective way. Contact us to learn more about how we can bring a unique perspective to your project.
3D Laser Scanning Markets
- As-Built Documentation
- Architectural Documentation
- Chemical and Petrochemical Plants
- Commercial Sites
- Construction Documentation and Validation
- Health Care
- Historical Documentation
- Industrial Facilities
- Manufacturing and Assembly Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Oil and Gas
- Overhead Clearances
- Process Plants
- Power Plants
- Scan to BIM and Scan vs. BIM
- Schools and Universities
- Stadiums, Arenas and Theaters
- Space and Aeronautics
- Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants
Uses of 3D Scanning
- Centralized Reporting: Track physical assets, from high-cost equipment to desks and chairs, throughout their life cycle.
- Virtual Models: Provide customers with 360-degree, 3D visual images of a space.
- Risk Management: Boost accuracy during design and erection, permitting contractors to know in real time where builders are deviating from plan.
- As-Built Documentation: Have a better awareness of where equipment is located.
- Reverse Engineering and Part Scanning: Create detailed 3D drawings without the risk of human measurement error.
- Historic Preservation: Provide digital and visual documentation before and after a site has been preserved.
- Construction Milestone Documentation: Create a digital model and record so owners know that the as-built meets the plans and BIM.
- Rebar and Structural System Documentation: Create a visual model before concrete is poured or drywall is put up.
- Clash Detection: Use a visual model to show if the design corresponds to the proposed construction.
- Scan to BIM: Use point cloud rendering in CAD program for planning and design.
- Scan vs. BIM: Manage as-builts to models for a robust QA/QC process.
The Benefits of 3D Scanning
- Complete documentation of as-built condition
- Precise, high speed data collection
- Dimensionally accurate, measurable and shareable data sets
- Fast turnaround of project data
- Decreased disruption of project environment
- Minimal operations shutdowns
- Reduced need for site visits
- Safe solution for inaccessible or hazardous locations
- Reduction in change orders, delays and costs